Director of Brand & Marketing – Crooked Hammock
Crooked Hammock Brand Overview
Launched in 2015, Crooked Hammock Brewery is a brand geared towards lovers of the ‘Backyard Beach Escape’ and lovers of the coastal lifestyle. As we define it, Backyard Beach Escape evokes the feeling of your trip to a beach getaway where you invariably end up in a backyard atmosphere enjoying easy-drinking & flavorful beers, cookout-inspired foods, fun games or activities, and laughs with friends and family you enjoy most.
This brand has been aligned for growth in the next 7 years. Projected annual sales by the end of 2020 is $17-20 million and $40-45 million by 2025.
We provide this experience through our hospitality-based brewpub locations and our beer brand for distribution:
With firm plans to grow to 3 locations by 2020 and 6-8 locations by 2025, our brewpub locations are considered hospitality launch pads for the Crooked Hammock Brewery brand. Focused on delivering the Backyard Beach Escape experience to our guests, the brewpub locations allow for hands-on brand connection to convert consumers to brand ambassadors.
In conjunction with our brewpubs, we deliver the Backyard Beach Escape brand experience through the craft beers we brew, our packaging, and branding messages we deliver through distribution. Our goal is to develop a large group of loyal followers of Crooked Hammock beer drinkers through off-premise distribution.
About La Vida Hospitality:
As a boutique hospitality group, we are focused on developing brands driven by our guest’s lifestyles. We focus on lifestyles that appeal to the young at heart with the mentality to enjoy life. As a promise to our guests, we endeavor to help them take a break, enjoy the ride, and make lasting memories at our businesses.
La Vida Hospitality began in 2013 to position itself as a fast growing hospitality organization that develops & operates profitable lifestyle focused, hospitality brands which create powerful emotional bonds with our team and our guests. Our brands are designed to enliven our guests’ lifestyle and cultivate a following by delivering on it.
After years of planning and development, we have 4 brands in different stages of growth:
Crooked Hammock Brewery: Enjoy the best of our “Backyard Beach Escape” with your friends & family with our easy-drinking & flavorful craft brews, cookout-inspired foods, and relaxed backyard environment. Go ahead and Hop In A Hammock!
|1 current location with Annual Sales: $5M|
|Projected Locations:||3 by 2020 (secured)||6-8 by 2025|
|Projected Annual Sales:||$17-20M by 2020||$40-45M by 2025|
Big Chill: Every beach town has a certain “Local Beach Life” that draws both residents and tourists alike. The Big Chill brand takes the ‘slow it down and enjoy the beach’ attitude as its mantra, whether as an oceanfront restaurant, a cantina bar, or a surf shack hotel. Keep It Chill!
|2 Current Locations with Annual Sales: $5M|
|Projected Locations:||3 by 2020||6-8 by 2025|
|Projected Annual Sales:||$10-12M by 2020||$30-35M by 2025|
Taco Reho: Hey, ho, let’s Rock-N-Roll! Get ready for the show at Taco Reho where “Passion For Tacos & Music “is our gig. We are plugged in and amped up to feed you the best So Cal inspired tacos, burritos, bowls, dogs and fries anywhere. It Rocks. It Rolls.
|1 Location & currently being conceptualized with an aggressive growth plan in the Fast Casual Plus market|
Fork + Flask: Kindred spirits “Revel In The Good Life” at this inviting social meeting house where friends and family gather to enjoy each other’s company over award-winning food, cocktails, and hospitality.
|1 current location|
Summary of Position:
As the Brand Manager for the Crooked Hammock Brewery (CHB) brand, you will be accountable for the creation & implementation of CH marketing business plans for the hospitality-based brewpubs and beer for distribution in support of annual volume objectives as set by business unit leaders. Further, you will be responsible for the oversight of the development & execution of messaging with the general public in our marketing, with our guests within our establishments, and with our beer drinkers in our distribution channels.
Goals to achieve success:
- The general public and people within our communities have strong interest in our brand;
- Our brewpub establishments: Meet our annual volume objectives and our guests are committed to Crooked Hammock brand and emotional brand ambassadors;
- Our beer brand through distribution channels: Meet our annual volume objectives and beer drinkers seek out our beer through our distribution channels.
Duties & Responsibilities: ( not meant to be an exhaustive list and may change at any time, as business needs demand)
- Be the Crooked Hammock Brand keeper as set forth in our brand bible;
- Manage a $1 million marketing budget for the Crooked Hammock brand;
- Development and oversight of Crooked Hammock marketing planning: strategy, calendar, and budgets for the brewpubs & beer brand;
- Development & Oversight of Crooked Hammock marketing team;
- Live the brand and be a brand ambassador.
- Build the Crooked Hammock Sales and Marketing team;
- Oversee staffing decisions, orientation, performance management, training, and quality of the CH marketing across multiple locations;
- Develop marketing manager(s) on growing the Crooked Hammock businesses;
- Ensure team members have the right tools, knowledge and equipment required to do their jobs safely and effectively.
Sales & Marketing
- Oversight of sales team for beer brand and sales materials to ensure brand consistency;
- Oversight of implementation of marketing strategy to capture the overall goals and plans for marketing, based on the business unit’s overall yearly strategy. This also provides a blueprint for the marketing team to follow;
- Development of marketing calendar. Develop the marketing vehicle and planner to identify ways to deliver messages and associated costs;
- Development of yearly ad campaign for consistency, as well as the weekly development of creative to manage our marketing calendar (A week to week plan on how to execute the marketing strategy;
- Develop and manage team to effectively implement the marketing strategy & calendar;
- Manage creative CHB messaging to enliven the brand, while adhering to standards in the brand doc;
- Maintain oversight of social media creative weekly;
- Seek effective ways to continually increase brand awareness in our planning and weekly marketing and branding execution. Develop branding ideas to expand the reach and awareness of CHB;
- Collaborate with various team members for marketing awareness and implementation;
- Manage the analytics to track marketing team efforts to gain perspective on effectiveness. Utilize analytics to improve marketing choices for future engagement.
- G Suite is used for marketing calendars, task management. and file storage. You will be required to utilize Google service to manage the marketing planning and execution for Crooked Hammock;
- Tripleseat holds the database of marketing contacts for organizational purposes. This is a CRM tool that allows us to manage and organize our contacts;
- Excel is used for our budgets. The budget is given to our accounting team and they will produce 4 week reports that compare actual to budget per period and YTD spending;
- For each brewpub, there is a weekly meeting focused on our marketing efforts with the marketing team. The operational management team joins every other week to coordinate the calendar with the marketing team. On days without operations, the marketing team focuses on idea development and planning for initiatives. The unit marketing coordinator runs the meeting;
- For the beer brand, we have bi-weekly meetings called “Beer Credibility,” led by Beer Manager. Meetings involve everything going on in the beer distribution and beer cred marketing efforts. Your role will oversee Beer Manager and beer credibility branding.
La Vida Hospitality support includes: (These are not direct reports)
Digital Marketing Manager – Responsible for all things involving the digital platform
Graphic Designer – Responsible for graphic design development
Copyrighting – Consultants who can develop stories or copy as needed
Future support may include: Delaware Marketing Manager, Delaware Sales Manager, future location Marketing & Sales Managers, Beer Salesperson and Event Sales Leader to take oversight of beer sales
- College degree in Marketing preferred;
- 5+ years of experience in marketing leadership role, director or higher level preferred;
- A combination of practical experience and education will be considered as an alternative;
- Working knowledge in marketing methodologies: traditional advertising, digital, etc.;
- Proficiency in computer usage, record keeping, and filing;
- Professional communication skills both verbal and written.
- Strong planning and organizational skills. A self starting work ethic and the ability to multitask, prioritize and adapt to changing situations;
- Microsoft Office skills and proficient in Google G Suite products;
- Frequently walk and occasionally bend over, twist, kneel, climb, stoop and crouch. Ability to lift up to 40 pounds occasionally;
- Ability to work in a standing or sitting position for long periods of time;
- Ability to work flexible hours is required, including off shifts;
- Requires the relentless pursuit of quality that comes with a deep love of our brand and the products that we produce, in order to ensure their continued quality into the future.
Employment with LaVida Hospitality or any of its’ companies (Crooked Hammock Brewery, Fork & Flask, Taco Reho, Big Chill Surf Cantina, Big Chill Beach Club) is “at will”, meaning that employment may be terminated at any time, with or without notice, and with or without cause, by either the employee or the Company.