Ecliptic Brewing is Hiring a Marketing Manager
Position Title: Marketing Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Wage Grade: Salary
Supervisory: Some shared employees with Sales Manager
The Marketing Manager is responsible for developing marketing and communication plans through different mixed media marketing tactics including social media, on and off-site events and in alignment with the sales team to raise awareness and promote Ecliptic Brewing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage all marketing plans for Ecliptic Brewing.
- Manage all Social Media including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Untappd and others as needed. Work with all Ecliptic management to get monthly information to establish and post calendars. Organize and execute campaigns on time. Must be creative in their ideas and programs.
- Will manage all press releases and marketing outreach for the brewery. Will work with the existing list of contacts as well as work on growth of the list. Will need to work with all Ecliptic management to get information well in advance to identify priorities for a timely execution.
- Will need to “pitch” creative story ideas to the press for additional coverage in the media.
- Update PR and Social media calendars as needed.
- Will be the point person for beer festivals and events. Will arrange beers poured, staffing and all coordination with the festival organizer in collaboration with the Sales Manager. Will be first in line to pour/attend or will find others to staff the hours.
- Responsible for idea creation and planning of events in the pub that engage our fans, community, and potential customers. These events should be well organized, creative, and appropriately reflect the Ecliptic brand and personality.
- Point person for all donations, sponsorships, fundraisers and community events.
- Will manage the Ecliptic info email address.
Retail and Merchandise Management
- Work with team to develop a merch program that accurately reflects Ecliptic Brewing and also meets the needs of our guests, staff, and distributor partners. Responsible for working with agency as well as merch providers on orders, pricing, etc..
Website and Online Store
- Use WordPress to keep our website information up to date. Work with our agency on website updates and structuring.
- Responsible for ensuring that online store is up to date. Work with Brewery Branding to ensure that they have accurate pars of all items in store.
- Responsible for in house graphic creation for events, posters, social, etc. Create all Facebook event page covers, posters for in-house, and graphics for sales and ads as needed.
Company Updates and Newsletters
- Create and distribute our monthly Stargazer Newsletter and also our bi-weekly staff only newsletter.
- Create and distribute weekly updates: monthly marketing, sales and marketing schedule, social media statistics, and brew updates.
- Keep our media and internal asset managers up to date with graphics, sell sheets, renders, etc.
Other Responsibilities Include
- Planning of advertising and working with John on budgets.
- Employee party/event planning.
- Mailing of all samples.
- Info email management.
- Attending HMBA meetings when available.
- Responding to reviews on Facebook,Google, Yelp, etc. General guest relations.
- Managing beer release calendar.
- Contributing to planning of beers by keeping up to date on industry trends, competitors, etc.
- Registration, planning, and shipping of all competition beer.
Skills and Experience
- Marketing degree or experience equivalent
- Strong work ethic and self-starting attitude
- Good interpersonal skills and ‘got your back’ team attitude
- The desire to work in a fast-paced, growing company
- Ability to think outside the box and propose new ideas
- Genuine enthusiasm for craft beer and an active participant in the craft beer community
- Willingness to regularly work during evenings and weekends and more than 40 hours per week
- Strong communication skills: ability to talk to others to convey information effectively; strong written communication skills
- Excellent time management skills; ability to be proactive and take initiative
- Excellent organizational skills- detail oriented & able to manage priorities and routine functions effectively and efficiently
- Current OLCC license
- Valid Driver License with a good driving record
- Able to stand for prolonged periods of time
- Able to stoop, crawl, twist, turn, lift, kneel, climb ladders and stairs
- Able to regularly lift/carry 50 pounds
- Able to work in indoor and outdoor environment with sometimes slippery floors
- Able to work in varying degrees of temperatures that is typical for a retail food industry
- Floor surface may vary from hard tiled floor or concrete to carpet
- Ability to tolerate a high-level work pace that is typical for a retail food industry
- The noise level in the work environment can be loud
- Able to work 6-8 hours on your feet