– Sam Calagione, Founder, Dogfish Brewing
Announcing the Beer Industry’s First 40 Under 40 Awards!
Beer is a $250+ billion industry. That’s more than Ireland’s Gross Domestic Product (and yes, we assume the Irish are doing their fair share of drinking beer). Yet the industry continues to be fragmented. Big beer continues to try to squash (or buy) craft beer.
We don’t get a chance to celebrate the people who are really making an impact and raising the game of beer.
So here at Beer Marketing, we’re announcing the first ever 40 Under 40. We want to recognize the up and comers in the industry.
Whether you’re a brewmaster, a marketing ace or a CEO, if you’re turning heads, we want to hear about it.
All applications must be submitted by May 1, 2016. Winners will be announced by June 15, 2016. All eligible nominees must be born after June 15, 1976.
#beer40under40 in our news section
The committee considers many candidates and seeks to recognize extremely talented and accomplished individuals who are responsible for significant achievements and success in the beer industry. This is not limited to craft beer.We stress the importance of including, on the nomination form, specific and detailed information of what the nominee has accomplished, as well as examples on the amount of influence he or she has within their area of work. A successful candidate should have concrete examples of their leadership.
We weigh a variety of factors when determining whether a nominee should be a Forty Under 40 winner, including, but not limited to:
- The size and scope of their responsibilities.
- Accomplishments over their career and, specifically, what have you done recently?
- The creativity and innovation demonstrated by a nominee within their area of expertise.
- The scope of influence within their area of expertise.
- Specific business results driven by the ideas and execution of the nominee, including revenue generation, revenue growth and other growth metric